Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the Main Pastry production kitchens (including Banquet, In-Room Dining, Mosaic, Mandarin Cake Shop and Gelato) as appropriate and be able to priorities the required level of engagement in all areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters
- Create and maintain a great synergy between Outlets and Main Production Pastry and Bakery kitchen and any related outlets kitchen to assure maximum efficiency
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the Banquet and all restaurants in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands
- Work closely with Cake Shop & Gelato Manager in the presentation of the pastries and the packaging of related items in their respective outlets
- Assisting the Executive Pastry Chef to review menus in regard to popularity of dishes, food cost and seasonality with the respective Restaurant Manager and suggest new menu proposals to the Executive Chef
- Ensure plating guides and standard setup guides are up to date and distributed appropriately
- Ensure plating guides and standard setup guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image
- Ensure that all pastry items are prepared in the most authentic way as standards set by the Executive Pastry Chef
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the Kitchens and stewarding area at all times and support to carry out daily checks and monthly walk-throughs with the respective stewarding and engineering colleagues
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary arts
- Experience as Junior Chef de Cuisine in a high volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel or free standing restaurant environment
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East
- Hotel pre-opening or renovation experience is preferred
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.catererglobal.com/job/91971559